RICOH GR III Diary Edition:
A limited-edition, high-end digital compact camera
featuring a metallic, warm-gray body
TOKYO, April 6, 2023－RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. is pleased to announce the launch of the RICOH GR III Diary Edition. Based on the RICOH GR III high-end digital compact camera, this model features a metallic, warm-gray finish accentuated with a natural-silver ring cap.
The new model will be marketed as an independent, camera-only product of the RICOH GR III Diary Edition Special Limited Kit.
Main features of the RICOH GR III Diary Edition
- •The camera body is treated with an exclusive metallic warm-gray finish; the metallic appearance and surface texture have been designed to enhance the sense of reliability and quality, and also to assure firm hold of the camera body. This finish also gives the camera an appearance that is less insistent of its role as an imaging tool, with the warm color helping it blend more easily into daily life. The grip rubber has a dark-brown finish, creating a sense of unity with the camera body. When mounted, the ring cap with a natural-silver finish accentuates the warm-color camera body and enhances the sense of quality and exclusiveness.
- •The camera features a new image-control mode that provides a negative-film finishing touch.* Based on the visual effects created only by negative film, this mode produces an exquisite balance between rich colors and somewhat discolored prints resulting from using negative film.
- •In another new feature, the camera displays the number of images captured during the day, the total number of recorded images, and the firmware version just before its power is shut off.*
* These functions are identical with those featured by the RICOH GR III Diary Edition Special Limited Kit. They are also available for GR III- and GR IIIx-series models with the installation of function expansion firmware released on January 20, 2023.
- •When the camera's power is turned off, the camera displays an original shut-down screen featuring the original, emboss-type product logo, against a background harmonizing a fabric-like texture and a color symbolizing the camera body finish.
Note: The camera's other specifications are identical with those of the standard GR III model.
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is empowering digital workplaces using innovative technologies and services that enable individuals to work smarter from anywhere.
With cultivated knowledge and organizational capabilities nurtured over its 85-year history, Ricoh is a leading provider of digital services, information management, and print and imaging solutions designed to support digital transformation and optimize business performance.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group has major operations throughout the world and its products and services now reach customers in approximately 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ended March 2022, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,758 billion yen (approx. 14.5 billion USD).
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com